My spouse and I are in agreement and just want an attorney to make our agreements legal. Can the attorney do that?

It is common for divorcing parties to reach verbal agreements prior to seeking counsel. They simply want the attorney to put their verbal agreements into a marital settlement agreement and navigate them through a relatively abbreviated divorce process. Attorneys are well capable of doing that.

It is my suggestion, though, that if you do this, that you also ask the attorney for their opinion on what you should have agreed to do prior to actually signing documents. At least then, you will understand, when you do sign the document, whether what you did was what you are likely to have received should you have not entered into the agreement. But yes, attorneys are well capable of preparing the paperwork and sending you through the process.