I cannot get by on what is left of my paycheck. How can I get my child support lowered in Florida?

Child support in Florida is almost always modifiable if there is a change in circumstances. If you can run the child support formula and determine that you are paying at least 15% or $50 per month, either one of those, too much in child support, then you can successfully request a modification of your child support. Part of the problem with that is it’s very hard to know sometimes how much child support will be owing if you don’t know what the other former spouse or other parent is earning. Sometimes you have to make an approximation, and then proceed and find out what the end result is thereafter.